Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Starting the Process


For my English 305 class, I am required to keep a blog about my thoughts on the environment surrounding me. Since I did not grow up in Terre Haute, IN, learning or caring about the city's history never occurred to me. As I focus my attention to the mass of history surrounding my everyday life, I wonder why more care is not taken with the town's past. Even people who were born and raised in Terre Haute agree that it is a dying town. Their focus is not how to revive it, but how fast they can run from the city of their birth. Knowing Terre Haute used to be a Midwestern jewel between St. Lewis and Chicago, I think it is unfathomable how a town could go from being a jewel to a joke within 100 years. I look forward to learning the history and hidden quirks of the town I never thought about.

No comments:

Post a Comment